Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

TO LEAVE WHERE NO MAN HAS LEFT BEFORE- WILLIAM SHATNER

William Shatner
Around 1996, I was fortunate enough to be at Buzzby’s Recording Studio on Melrose. I was working on an Interactive project then.  In between sessions, I went into the waiting room to well, wait. There was a tray of cold cuts and salads which I assumed were open for guests. Turns out it wasn’t. It was for Charles Durning and his entourage.
As I was munching away on some deli- turkey and explaining that I thought it was for everybody, William Shatner walks in. Apparently Buzzby’s locks the front door or it was the receptionist lunch or something but Mr. Shatner was trying to figure out how he can get out of here. I had to say “Mr. Shatner, I’m a big fan of your work and I just wanted to thank you.” I shook his hand and he replied “How do I get out of here?” For some lame reason, I said “practice”. He kind of grinned but I realized that it probably wasn’t the best joke I could’ve said at the time. Someone did unlock the door though in case you are worried if he’s still in there.
wes

No comments:

Post a Comment